In addition to the Azerite armor updates, a lot more is coming to WoW on 1/22/19.
PVP Season 2
In season 2, Blizzard will change the World of Warcraft Conquest reward schedule.
Players who earn 500 Conquest points in a week will get one Quartermaster’s Coin and a piece of gear from the selection of that week. You can also earn an additional piece of gear or Quartermaster’s Coin each week in a weekly bonus roll. Quartermaster Coins are to be used to get a Warlord’s Trophy. The Trophies will be used to upgrade a section of Sinister Gladiator gear to a higher item level based on the player’s current Rated PVP bracket.
Additionally, when the Conquest reward is a helm, shoulder, or chest item, players can choose from different pieces of Azerite gear. When the weekly rewards is not an Azerite item, players can choose gear for one of two different slots.
Moreover, the PVP interface will show you what you need to do to earn a weekly chest. Elite set rewards can be seen in the Appearances interface.
The names for the PVP brackets will be updated.
Finally, the Season 2 mounts will be the Vicious Black Bonesteed or Vicious Black Warsaber. After you earn them, you can fill the bar again to get a Vicious Saddle.
Tides of Vengeance
Meanwhile, a new raid will open on January 22, 2019, the Battle of Dazar’alor. In this raid, the Horde will rally to the defense. The alliance will move to hit the center of the Zandalari Empire. Each faction will have different encounters and a chance to play the raid from the opposite faction’s view.
In addition, there will be a new Mythic Keystone affix. This location will have new challenges and chances for rewards around the seasonal affix: Reaping. Higher level keystones (+10 and up) will summon Bwonsamdi, the Loa of Death. When heroes kill their opponents, the spirits left behind will stay in the mortal plane. Bwonsamdi can resurrect these spirits who will enact their vengeance upon adventurers.
Blizzard also details other World of Warcraft changes coming in the new season:
- New Maximum Item Level: With great challenges come great rewards and the maximum possible item level will go up to 425.
- Battle for Darkshore Warfront: Battle for Darkshore rewards will also increase to 400 from both the outdoor boss and from Warfront quest that can be completed once per cycle. The difficulty of the Warfront will increase, however, and the item level required to queue will increase to 335. These changes will go into effect after the current Warfront cycle has ended. Until that time, players will still receive Season 1 rewards.
- World Quest Emissary Rewards: World Quest Emissary weapon and armor rewards will also now scale up to 385 based on the player’s own item level. Rewards from the original Battle for Azeroth Launch World bosses will remain at item level 355 to stay on par with Uldir.
- Dungeon Rewards and Difficulty: The difficulty of Heroic and Mythic dungeons will also increase. Normal: 340, Heroic: 355, and Mythic: 370 (baseline)
- Mythic Keystone Dungeons and PvP: During the first week of Season 2 Mythic Keystone Dungeon rewards will be capped at Mythic 6 quality (item level 385). PvP Season 2 end-of-match rewards will be 385.
- Seals of Wartorn Fate: Seals of Wartorn Fate will not be reset and this same currency can be used for Battle of Dazar’alor and Season 2 bonus rolls; the cap on how many can be held at once remains at 5.