Survival Gets Barabaric
Survival games have gained popularity over the years. From such games as the oceanic terrorfest, Subnautica, to the pixelated planetary exploration title Starbound, survival games keep the action coming. In 2017, Norwegian developer, Funcom, created a new survival experience based off of the legendary character created by Robert E. Howard in 1932, Conan the Barbarian. The game is Conan Exiles, and it places players into the harsh and unforgiving world of the renowned warrior.
In this game, players do not don the loincloth and broadsword of the great barbarian. Instead, they get to take the role of an exile left to die in the rugged Exiled Lands. Conan comes by to rescue the protagonist and sets him on a journey to reclaim not only his honor but to save the world as well. This exile must survive by hunting game and defending himself from the dangers of the wilds. Mitigating hunger, building settlements, and conquering foes are just a few things that players can do to live out the full Conan experience.
Diving into the Treasures of Turan
Players have navigated through the Exiled Lands for nearly two years, and it is now time for new content to join the fight. Today Funcom released the Treasures of Turan, the newest Exiles DLC expansion.
Here are details from the Conan Exiles blog:
- 39 Turanian building pieces
- A full set of building pieces with the same stats as existing tier three
- 15 new armor pieces in three sets, such as the Turanian Mercenary armor
- Light, medium and heavy sets with an epic end-game version of each
- 9 new weapons in one Turanian weapon set
- Same power as iron weapons with an epic end-game version of each weapon
- 5 new Turanian warpaints
- Decorative warpaints symbolizing opulence and glory
- 9 new placeables, such as the standing lamp and brazier
- Craft them at the new Turanian Artisan table
- 2 new exclusive pack animal pet skins
- Adorn your rhinos and elephants with rich and golden trimmings
A New World of Exploration
Fans of Conan Exiles will be pleased to know that they can now download the Treasures of Turan DLC for both PC and PS4. DLC for the Xbox One will be released later this year. On top of that, the Conan Exiles Season Pass is now available for purchase. Funcom promised that the Season Pass will give players access to core DLC that is slighted for a 2019 release.
Have you ever wanted to roam the wild lands alongside Conan the Barbarian? With this new DLC, now is the best time for you to dive into the wastes of Conan Exiles.