He Came in Like a Wrecking Ball…
Meet Hammond! Blizzard announced the tinkering fur ball in late June and he is finally making his debut on July 24th.
Hammond isn’t just a tank. He can also deal a great amount of damage when at his strongest. He is also a great escape artist with his grappling hook. Making a quick getaway is key to his survivability. Not to mention he has more mobility than the other tanking heroes.
Hammond is a Tank hero with a formidable line of abilities including:
- Adaptive Shield – Create temporary personal shields. The amount increases with more enemies nearby.
- Grappling Claw – Launch a grappling claw to rapidly swing around the area. Enables high-speed collisions to damage and knock back enemies.
- Minefield – Deploy a massive field of proximity mines.
- Piledriver – Slam the ground below to damage and launch enemies upward.
- Quad Cannons – Automatic assault weapons.
- Roll – Transforms Hammond into a ball and increase maximum movement speed.
Have you tried the Wrecking Ball? What did you think of his abilities and what playstyle do you think is best for the little Mech? Let us know in the comments below!